SPOUSES OF MILITARY MEMBERS NEED RESUMES, TOO
A military spouse who has moved and traveled with their military husband or wife has so much more to offer than a civilian who jumps from job to job. Below I have listed a few common traits and fundamental competencies of a military spouse.
Here are a few benefits that military spouses bring to the employment arena:
- Educated, highly skilled, and trained in a variety of disciplines
- Change agents because of their diversity and applicable experience
- Fresh perspective and new energy
- Goal-oriented, striving for immediate results
- Loyal; will act in the best interests of the organization
- Tend to be more stable than their counterparts
- Dependable and respectful
- Able to take advantage of free and low-cost career and training resources on base
HIGHLIGHTS OF CHANGES IN THE EMPLOYMENT LANDSCAPE THAT BENEFIT MILITARY SPOUSES
Geographic mobility a positive: Once thought to be a detractor for hiring, a military spouse’s geographic mobility is now a huge plus to businesses seeking more employees with diverse language, cultural, career, or educational experience. “They’re a very diverse group... they travel and live all over the globe. They often possess life experiences not normally found among people born and raised in the local community. The average military member and his/her spouse move every four to seven years. When you consider that the average employee re-careers five to seven times in their life, there’s not much difference,” The Department of Labor statistics show the median job tenure of employees across all industries is between three and four years.
THERE IS A GOOD REASON MILITARY SPOUSES HIRE US
We write resumes for thousands of military spouses every year for every career field. The creative spin we incorporate by showing how valuable your core competencies are to potential employers is just one of the reasons our clients are receiving interviews and job offers. We hope you give us a call and ask us to write a hard-hitting and interview-winning military spouse resume in preparation for your next relocation.